I always wondered how my broke friends could afford designer clothes. Now I know.
HauteLook made a big splash a couple weeks ago, and now the sales are in full holiday swing. Self-described as an on-line fashion club, HauteLook offers us regular folk access to those elusive sample sales that have forever taunted us and our in-the-know inferiority. Adding to the "must have" appeal, sales only last 48-72 hours (yes, we simply must describe the sale duration in hours). And membership is… well, it’s free.
Other neat things about the site:
- Most sales feature up-and-coming designers. Everyone loves fresh garment concepts (I love you Project Runway speak).
- Fashion show videos let you experience the brand on the runway.
- If you sponsor a friend’s membership, you can receive credit towards your purchases. I put a lot of thought into the five friends I chose to sponsor, and decided on the most fashion-forward bloggers I know:
- Lori (keeps a blog for stylish living and fashions her own jewelry)
- Megan (co-authors A Girl Must Shop... need I say more)
- Kate (her blog, TheDish, is the source for Boston happenings)
- AfroBella (glam guide for ethnic excellence)
- Steph (CultureJunkie’s style never ceases to impress)
Hopefully they’ll get some use out of the site.
The Rock and Republic sale began today at 5am and ends tomorrow, December 19th, at 11pm. I think I’m going to make my first HauteLook purchase on the jeans pictured… I’m loving that Deconstruction Blue.