Let me just say that I’m not a fur-wearer. The whole skinning process makes me pretty sick. But PETA needs to get a grip. It’s one thing to throw bloody furs on Anna Wintour’s lunch table. She’s an avid supporter of fur, and has been for decades. It’s quite another to launch an all-out offensive and character attack on two 18-year old girls. This site is terrifying, and not in the way PETA intended it to be.
I watched the whole Full House of Horrors spoof that I imagine PETA thought would be highly effective. Here are my reactions:
- “Hairy Kate” “Trashy Trollsen” super is over video of a little 2-year old actress.
- FutureMan is verbally abusing that little 2-year-old actress!
- You advised the Tanner family to evict the 2-year old actress. She has to pack and leave, all alone. The dog even hates her. I feel sooooo bad for her. My eyes well up.
- You called a 2-year old a “trashy fur hag." That brings me back and makes me laugh a little, actually.
- You poked fun at anorexia: “[It’s not just that the twins] are a pair of fashion causalities who hide their shrunken bodies in entire families of dead animals…” ehhh—I just don’t see how fur and anorexia have anything to do with each other. Please explain.
I think the most horrific thing about this video is that the laugh track plays incessantly while FutureMan is showing animal cruelty charts. Is that a mistake? Is it supposed to be funny?
Wow, the Olsen twins look pretty awesome in those fur coat photos! Thanks for the memories, PETA.